Edge Hill University, Faculty of Health & Social Care is seeking to engage an External Examiner for the following Midwifery Programme with effect from October 2019:
- Vacancy : PRE061
- Programme(S) BSc (Hons) Midwifery (pre-registration), MSc Midwifery Shortened Programme. Specialist Midwifery Modules (including Examination of the Newborn)
External Examiners are typically placed on the Edge Hill University External Examiners Register for a period of four years. Principle duties normally include;
- Visit the University at the least once a year to moderate assessed coursework and examination scripts
- Attend module assessment boards
- Produce an Annual Report
- Review and approve examination papers that contribute to a student’s final award, and any other assessment material as agreed
- External Examiners are also invited to engage with students in practice
- He/she will have a recognised Midwifery qualification and be Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) registered.
If you would like to discuss specific information relating to the programmes, please contact:
Midwifery – Caroline Myerscough (Lecturer)
Tel: 01695 657041 Email: email@example.com
Fees and Expenses are payable in line with the University policy. Admission to the University’s External Examiners Register is on the basis of satisfactory completion of the University’s Committee and Personnel approval processes, including Right to Work and Reciprocity Checks. Prospective External Examiners are encouraged to send an expression of interest and CV to Laura Makin, Quality Assurance Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) citing the programme title and/or vacancy reference.