University of West London (Brentford site)
The College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare is seeking to appoint an external examiner for the BSc (Hons) Health Promotion and Public Health course. The appointment would start in September 2019 and normally last for a four year period. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in Health Promotion and Public Health.
The BSc (Hons) Health Promotion and Public Health aims to prepare students to provide high quality health promotion and public health interventions. Students will acquire knowledge of the concepts and theories of health promotion and public health, attitudes of the empowering health promotion and public health practitioner and the analytical skills necessary to identify and respond appropriately to client needs. It aims to meet the needs of people working in a variety of occupations and professions in which health promotion and public health are important aspects. There is one intake a year of approximately 50 students.
The role of the external examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards. Key duties include:
- Advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
- Moderating samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials.
- Attending a minimum of 2 assessment boards to approve pass lists and degree classifications.
- Attendance at Field Reviews.
- Reviewing new modules in preparation for validation events.
- Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
- Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
- Appointments are subject to the guidelines in the academic quality handbook.
If you are interested in any of the above external examiners posts please send their expressions of interest, together with a full academic Curriculum Vita, in the first instance to:
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
0208 209 4118