The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint an external examiner for its BSc (Hons) Health and Social Systems Management with Mildmay Institute of Health Science Uganda.
The BSc (Hons) Health and Social Systems Management programme is a two-year top up degree (Level 5 & 6) and is validated by The University of Manchester. The programme targets senior health and social care managers and policy makers, working with the Government Ministries, faith based organisations and non- governmental organisations in Sub Saharan Africa. The aim is to build capacity of professionals who can advocate, influence decisions and strengthen health and social care systems for delivery of quality health and social care.
This is a part-time programme, spread over approximately 30 months (240 credits). The programme runs throughout the whole calendar year and is comprised of the following course units;
1. Community Issues in Health and Social Care
2. Therapeutic Communication in Health and Social care
3. Holistic Care Within Health Care Systems
4. Learning and Teaching in Practice
5. Project Management and Evaluation
6. Effective Leadership and Management of Health and Social Care Systems
1. Applied Research and Evaluation Methods
2. Public Health and Health Systems Approaches to Health and Social Care
3. Education for Change
External examiners are required to attend Examination Boards – usually through Skype or online communication. Travel to Uganda is not likely to be necessary.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years, commencing in October.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester and Mildmay Uganda in the last 5 years
- Current registration with the NMC/other healthcare professional body
- Masters Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
- Demonstrable teaching experience in the above subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s External Examiners Guidance.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.
Expressions of interest by covering email or letter and CV should be sent by the 19th May 2020 to Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org