We are seeking to appoint External Examiners for the BSc (Hons) Nursing course. This Programme is based within the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health, Education and Life Sciences. The position does require the external examiner to have a current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council for one of the fields of Nursing.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks and sector norms
- Examine assessment briefs, exam papers and student work to ensure academic standards and achievements of students are comparable with those in other UK higher education establishments of which the external examiner has experience
- Provide informative comment and recommendations on whether the assessment process measures student achievement rigorously and fairly against the intended outcomes of the programme and is conducted in line with the relevant policies and regulations
- Attend examination board/s and submit an annual report
- Engage in communication with the academic and programme team
Please note that External Examiners are required to engage with assessment of both theory and practice elements of the programme where relevant. Previous experience as an External Examiner is not necessary as the University is able to provide mentorship to the successful applicants.
We are looking for 3 External Examiners to cover the following modules on the BSc (Hons) Future Nurse Programme. All four fields complete these modules.
Level 4 modules: 1 EE required.
- What is nursing?
- Assessing needs and planning care
- Providing and evaluating care
- Introduction to leadership and teamwork
- Professional practice 1 – practice based module
Level 5 modules: 2 EEs required
- Complex Care 1- Assessing and Planning care
- Complex Care 2- Providing and Evaluating care
- Improving quality and safety in a global context.
- Leadership and care co-ordination
- Professional Practice 2 – practice based module
If you would like to be considered for this role, or for further information about the role please email Lisa Taylor, Deputy Programme Lead, email@example.com