The Department of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, at Northumbria University, is looking to appoint and External Examiner for our Specialist Practitioner District Nursing Programme. The appointed external examiner will have responsibility for an identified number of modules within the programme. The appointed external examiner will have opportunities to meet with the other external examiners and external examiners in other nursing fields. Applicants should hold current registration with the NMC as a nurse and have a District Nursing qualification. It is preferable to have previous experience of external examining although support and guidance will be provided for those new to this role.
- BSc (Hons) and Post Graduate Diploma Community Specialist Practice District Nursing
Currently being delivered to one September cohort per year with approximately 20 students per intake.
Qualifications and Experience:
Competence and experience in District Nursing.
- V100 essential, V300 an advantage
- Relevant academic and/or professional qualifications to at least the level of the qualification being externally examined,
- Sufficient standing, credibility and breadth of experience within the subject to be able to command the respect of academic peers
- Familiarity with the standard expected of students to achieve the award that is to be examined.
The appointment will be effective from 1st August 2018.
A formal expression of interest letter and accompanying detailed CV should be sent to Dr Lindy Turnbull, Programme Manager.