We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the BSc (Hons) & MSc Physiotherapy programmes. The Physiotherapy programmes at the University of Southampton provides a high quality undergraduate experience for students leading to professional registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
The Physiotherapy programme aims to:
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to equip them for a career in podiatry.
- Develop competence in applying professional skills to the practice of podiatry.
- Develop key, transferable skills for general use in graduate employment so that students become competent in both autonomous practice and in team working.
- Develop critical and analytical competence so that students become users and/or creators of research evidence in their professional practice.
- Provide opportunities for students to learn with and from other healthcare professionals so that they develop competence in inter-professional practice.
- Provide students with the capacity for life-long learning
This post will be effective from 30.12.16 and will be for a period of three years
Applicants should hold appropriate academic qualifications, have a background in Physiotherapy and preferably have previous experience of acting in the role as an External Examiner.
Examination Boards take place once each term. For further information please contact Steve Ryall, Programme Lead, S.Ryall@soton.ac.uk
If you are interested in applying, please forward your Curriculum Vitae and your area of interest/expertise by e-mail to Tracy Barnes, email@example.com, outlining your teaching, research and External Examining Experience.