The University of Sheffield, School of Nursing and Midwifery is seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the above programme.
The appointment will be from September 2017 for a period of 4 years.
Students admitted to the programme each year who undertake the following units:
- SNM137 The Body in Health I
- SNM138 The Body In Health II
- SNM130 Organisation of Modern Health Care
- SNM133 Studying in Higher Education
- SNM141 Health Inequalities
- SNM142 Making Use of Information
- SNM140 Introduction to Epidemiology
- SNM143 Sociological Approaches to Health and Illness
- SNM134 User Expectations of Health and Social Care
- SNM139 Health Promotion
- SNM2219 Making Sense of Health Policy
- SNM2228 Communication in Health Care
- SNM2230 Research Methods and Paradigms
- SNM2093 Health Care Management
- SNM2226 Body in Illness
- SNM2229 Health Psychology
- SNM2090 Ageing, Health and Wellbeing
- SNM2089 Understanding “Family” in Health and Social Care
- SNM2230 Perspectives on Pain
- SNM2231 Biography and Narrative in Palliative, Supportive and End of Life Care
- SNM3241 Ethics in Practice
- SNM3245 Current and Future Challenges in Health and Social Care
- SNM3252 The Biomedical Basis of Disease Management
- SNM3242 Health and Human Sciences Placement
- SNM3243 Dissertation
Work from level 2 and 3 would be scrutinised by the External Examiner and this would take place in either Sheffield or remotely using google drive. The work would be reviewed on dates to be agreed in conjunction with the assessment calendar in February, June and August each year.
Please be aware that some of the dates on the assessment calendars are short turnarounds especially August.
For further information please contact:
Mick Ashman, Programme Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0114 2222034.
Expressions of interest and CV should be sent to Mrs Tracey Pacan, Team Leader, email@example.com.