The University is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for its Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) Programme which recruits students across three fields of Nursing; Mental Health, Child and Adult.
The external examiner role will cover Bioscience course units which are currently delivered at level 4 and level 5 of the programme. Applications are therefore sought for an examiner that has demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in this subject area.
- Master’s Degree in a related subject area.
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject area
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Current registration with the NMC including a recordable teaching qualification
- Research and publications in related area
External examiners for the BNurs (Hons) programme would be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available. The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s External Examiners Guidance.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in relation to the Biosciences subject area.
Expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent by the 23rd October 2017 to: Katie.Gray@manchester.ac.uk