The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint an external examiner from the Mental Health Field for its Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) Programme.
The external examiner role is for year one of the programme (Level 4), for the course unit Public Health, Society and Nursing.
The programme recruits students across 3 fields of Nursing (Adult; Mental Health; Child).
External examiners for the BNurs (Hons) programme would be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
The University appointments for external examiners commence in October and are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years.
- Current registration with the NMC (Mental Health Field) including a recordable teaching qualification
- Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas.
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas.
- Research and publications in related area.
- Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s External Examiners Guidance.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects by covering email/letter and CV to Katie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 7th August 2019.