The University is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for its Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) Programme. The programme recruits students across 3 fields of Nursing; Adult, Mental Health and Child.
The external examiner role will cover Bioscience course units which are currently delivered at level 4 and level 5 of the programme. Applications are therefore sought for an examiner that has demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in this area.
External examiners for the BNurs (Hons) programme would be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
• Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
• Current registration with the NMC including a recordable teaching qualification
• Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
• Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas.
• Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s External Examiners Guidance. The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in relation to Bioscience subject areas.
Expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent by the 13th September 2017 to: Katie.Gray@manchester.ac.uk