Bachelor of Nursing (Hons)
Appliations are invted for an external examiner from the Child field of Nursing for the second year of the programme (Level 5). Applicants should have demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in both the following subject areas:
– Health Psychology
– Recovery Focussed Care
External examiners for the BNurs (Hons) programme would be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment (placement) per year in addition to attending Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
• Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
• Current registration with the NMC including a recordable teaching qualification (BNurs examiner only)
• Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
• Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
• Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Code of Practice for External Examiners. University Code of Practice for External Examiners
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.
Expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent to: Sally.Hickson@manchester.ac.uk