The University is seeking to appoint two external examiners for the first year (level 4) of its Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) Programme with immediate effect. The BNurs (Hons) programme recruits 400 students across 3 fields of Nursing (Adult; Mental Health; Child). External examiners are required from the Child and Adult field of nursing and applications are sought for examiners that have demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in these areas:
- Core Values for Nursing
- Sociology of Health and Illness
- Communication for Nursing Practice
- Nursing Knowledge & Research
- Introduction to Nursing Practice
External examiners for the BNurs (Hons) programme would be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment (placement) per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Current registration with the NMC (Adult field) including a recordable teaching qualification
- Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Code of Practice for External Examiners. University Code of Practice for External Examiners
Expressions of interest, by CV from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues should be sent to Katie.Leather@manchester.ac.uk