The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for the Bachelor of Midwifery (Hons) programme. This role will cover year 1 of the programme (Level 4) which encompasses: Building Academic and Professional Capability, Life Sciences for Midwives, Tackling Health Inequalities, Midwifery Knowledge & Research and Midwifery Care – Pregnancy, Birth, following Birth and Infant Feeding,
Applications are therefore invited from individuals who have demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in the above areas.
- External examiners for the BMidwif (Hons) programme would normally be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year (Covid restrictions permitting) in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. In addition we will provide a sample of Practice Assessment Documents to view via our online learning environment. User guides and support will be available. The University appointments for external examiners commence in October and are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years.
- Current registration with the NMC as a midwife
- A recordable teaching qualification or FHEA.
- Master’s Degree in a related area.
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject area.
- Research and publications in related area.
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects. Expressions of interest by covering email or letter and CV should be sent by 26th March 2021 to Katie.email@example.com