The University is seeking to appoint three external examiners for its Bachelor of Nursing (Hons) Programme. The programme recruits students across 3 fields of Nursing (Adult; Mental Health; Child), external examiners are therefore required from the above fields of nursing.
One external examiner is required for the Child field of Nursing for year 2 of the programme (Level 5). Applications are sought for an examiner that has demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in the following subject areas:
- Health Psychology
- Recovery Focussed Care (acute care)
- Evidence Based Nursing Practice
- Supportive Care (chronic illness management)
External examiners for the BNurs (Hons) programme would be expected to visit at least one practice learning environment per year in addition to attendance at Examination Boards.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available. The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in
the last 5 years
- Current registration with the NMC (Child field) including a recordable teaching
- Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s External Examiners Guidance.
Expressions of interest by CV should be sent by the 8 October 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org