The University of Manchester is seeking to appoint a subject external examiner for the APIMH MSc Advanced Practice Interventions in Mental Health (Primary Care Pathway) including the IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) PG Cert qualification.
Applications are invited for examiners that have demonstrable experience of teaching and assessing in the following areas at Level 6 and Level 7;
- Engagement and assessment of patients with common mental health problems
- Evidence-based low-intensity treatment for common mental health disorders
- Values, diversity and context
In addition the following course unit is delivered as part of the MSc Advanced Leadership for Professional Practice and as a standalone Level 7 Course Unit;
- Long Term Conditions (LTCs) in Primary Mental Health
The University appointments for external examiners are normally for a period of 4 years, commencing in October.
All coursework is electronically submitted by students and is marked online using Grademark and Turnitin. External examiners will be required to use the online moderating process. User guides and support will be available.
- Working in a UK HEI with no formal educational links with the University of Manchester in the last 5 years
- Master’s Degree in an area related to one of the above subject areas
- Direct experience of teaching and assessing in the applicable subject areas
- Research and publications in related area
- IAPT and/or CBT qualification.
Appointments will be made in line with the University of Manchester’s Guidance for External Examiners.
Interested candidates should detail their experience in teaching and assessing in the applicable subjects.
Expressions of interest by covering email or letter and CV should be sent by the 25th May 2020 to Katie.email@example.com