The School of Health Sciences within the Faculty of Education, Health & Human Sciences is seeking expressions of interest for an external examiner for the following programmes:
MSc Advanced Practice / MSc Advanced Clinical Practice / MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Degree Apprenticeship) / MA Healthcare Practice / PGDiP Enhanced Professional Practice
This is a combination of new, current and phasing out programmes. We are looking for an experienced academic, currently involved in the teaching and assessing of advanced clinical practice students. Experience as an external examiner would be preferable. The School of Health Sciences is based at the University’s Avery Hill Campus in South-East London. The appointment will commence as soon as possible, and the tenure is for a period of four years to the end of December 2024.
- To scrutinise student work, assignment questions / exam papers, in order to ensure that student achievement and academic standards are comparable with those in the UK higher education institution from which the external examiner has experience.
- Review both practice and theory elements of the module/s where relevant.
- Provide feedback and recommendation on whether the assessment process was rigorous and fair in meeting intended learning outcomes and in line with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Attend Subject Assessment Panel meetings and Progression and Awards Board meetings (currently, via MS Teams).
- Submit an Annual External Examiner report.
- Regularly engage and communicate with the programme teams.
- Comment on the content of the subject area particularly with regard to subject benchmarks.
The successful applicant must hold current registration with the NMC or HCPC. If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Programme Leader, Jane Matonhodze, J.C.Matonhodze@gre.ac.uk