The University Of Northampton School Of Health is looking to appoint an External Examiner for its pre-registration Adult Nursing Degree programme.
The majority of assessments are submitted and marked on-line and there are are two intakes of adult nurses per year. Students are hosted by three acute and one community Foundation Trust.
This role is shared with another experienced Examiner and may suit someone who would be looking to develop their External Examiner skills.
The appointment would be for a period of four years.
The external examiner is asked to look at a sample of assessments and report on:
• the administration of the programme
• the standards and consistency of internal marking
• the standards of student performance
• the extent to which the regulations and processes of the University are correctly applied and adhered to
• whether the academic standards of the programme are appropriate
• examples of good practice
You would be asked to attend at least one examination board per year (usually in September) and submit an annual report following this. You would also be expected to meet students and mentors in order to sample practice portfolios.
NMC Recordable Teacher and Registered Nurse
Previous experience as an external examiner -but support for development can be provided
Any appointment would be subject to meeting the University of Northampton’s criteria for the appointment of external examiners.
If you are interested in the position or would like more information, please send a recent CV to Donna.Bray@northampton.ac.uk
Closing date 31 January 2014