The Faculty of Health, School of Nursing and Allied Health at Liverpool John Moores University requires an External Examiner for the following Continuing Professional Development programmes:
- MSc Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical/Critical)
- BSc Health and Social Care Development
- CPD Diabetes: Care and Management 20 Credits Level 6, https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/cpd/health-and-social-care/diabetes-care-and-management
- CPD Diabetes: the Complexity of Care 30 Credits Level 7, https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/cpd/advanced-practice/diabetes-the-complexity-of-care
The Continuing Professional Development programme Diabetes: Care and Management can be studied within the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care Development award framework, or as a single stand-alone CPD module.
The Continuing Professional Development programme Diabetes: the Complexity of Care can be studied within the MSc Advanced Healthcare Practice (Clinical) award framework, or as a single stand-alone CPD module.
Please note the workload does not relate to the full Masters or BSc degree, only the diabetes modules / programmes.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:-
- Be employed in Higher Education;
- Have previous External Examiner experience;
- Moderate samples of essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising the programme teams on the content and standard of assessments;
- Submit module reports and a yearly programme report;
- Liaise with other external examiners at LJMU;
- Attend the Board of Examiners as required;
- Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will take effect from 1st October 2020 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years. Applicants should have previous experience of being an external examiner, and hold current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. If you are interested in this post please send your expression of interest, together with your current CV to Heather Kirby, Senior Lecturer Programme Leader Diabetes: Care and Management/Diabetes: the Complexity of Care, H.Kirby@ljmu.ac.uk