The Institute of Health at the University of Wolverhampton are urgently seeking an External Adviser to serve as a Panel Member for the Approval of the following programmes, planned for September 2021:
- MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration)
As a minimum, External Adviser nominees should have:
- A thorough knowledge of the subject area;
- Experience of working in a context appropriate to the proposed course, such as in a UK Higher Education provider, an FE College, or within a relevant area of employment to the proposal;
- An understanding of recent developments in the subject discipline;
- Familiarity with the expectations of potential employers in the subject area
The role of the External Adviser Panel Member is to:
- Bring an outside, informed, and objective viewpoint to the validation exercise.
- Ensure that the academic content of the programme being considered is appropriate, relevant, and pitched at the right academic level in accordance with the QAA Academic Infrastructure and PSRB requirements as appropriate.
- Be frank where it is judged that there are shortfalls in quality and standards to be addressed.
- Recognise and commend good practice.
- Challenge assumptions held by the development team, or the University, and offer a fresh critical, but constructive, perspective
To preserve integrity of the process, External Adviser nominees should not:
- Be a current External Examiner for the University;
- Have been employed within the previous five years at the University (including as an External Examiner);
- Be currently employed at any of the University’s Associate Partners
Programme documents to be reviewed with immediate effect with a Panel meeting planned with the team for May (date to be confirmed).
If you satisfy the above criteria and would like to support the validation as an External Adviser, please submit your CV to FEHWQuality@wlv.ac.uk and quote the following reference code: EA/MSc Phys 26.02.21
Please note that the successful candidate must be willing to post their Passport/Proof of Identity documentation to enable the necessary Right To Work checks to be undertaken in advance of the validation event.
Closing date: 19th March 2021