We are seeking someone with academic subject expertise in public health and curriculum development to join a validation panel for our new BSc (Hons) Public Health degree. We are keen to ensure that the degree is comparable with similar courses nationally.
The validation is on the morning of June 10th and will take place in Hastings.
The course is structured on the following aims:
• To provide students with an appreciation of the determinants of health and their impact on people’s lives.
• To promote a critical understanding of social justice through cognisance of structural factors (eg ecological and economic) that cause and maintain avoidable health and social inequalities.
• To promote evidence and research based public health and health promotion interventions and practice
• To prepare students to be scholarly, knowledgeable and skilled in a global society
• To promote inclusive and interactive collaborative inter-professional learning utilising digital technologies when appropriate
For an informal discussion, please contact:
Course development leader – Dr Palo Almond, email: P.Almond@brighton.ac.uk telephone: 01273 644022
Please forward your curriculum vitae to P.Almond@brighton.ac.uk
Closing date for applications 30th April.
Further information about the School of Health Sciences may be found on the University website at www.brighton.ac.uk