The School of Nursing and Midwifery at University of Plymouth (UoP) is currently looking to appoint an Academic External Advisor to act as a member of the Panel at the approval event for the proposed BSc (Hons) Nursing (adult health, child health, mental health) including Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship and the FdSC Pre-registration Nursing Associate. This programme is in collaboration with Petroc College, North Devon, developing a partnership site for delivery of the UoP NMC approved programmes.
The Academic External Advisor will be required to review programme documentation prior to the approval meeting on the 6th May 2021 and will be invited to contribute to discussions at the meeting about the proposed partnership delivery of the programmes as part of a Panel comprising of University representatives to determine approval.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced colleagues that meet the criteria below:-
Holds current registration with the NMC as a nurse
- has not been a member of staff at University of Plymouth or Petroc College or at any of our partner institutions/Colleges in the last 5 years
- has not been a student at University of Plymouth or Petroc College or at any of our partner institutions/Colleges in the last 5 years (this includes Petroc College)
- has not been an External Examiner at University of Plymouth/Petroc College or any of our partner institutions/Colleges in the past 5 years (this includes reciprocal arrangements where a University of Plymouth or Petroc College member of academic staff has been an External Examiner at the nominee’s HEI)
- has not worked collaboratively with any member of staff involved in bringing forward the proposal (e.g. on research papers/publications)
- has not had direct responsibility for providing placements for students from this or another related programme
- is independent of the proposed programme i.e. if they have not participated in the planning process
All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. For further information or an informal discussion about the post, please contact Caroline Jamison: firstname.lastname@example.org.