This is an exciting time for Edinburgh Napier University as we embark on a new Strategy to take us to 2020. Our vision is to be ‘An enterprising and innovative community renowned internationally, with an unrivalled student learning experience’.
Our distinctiveness will be founded on:
• the focus of our academic disciplines connected to contemporary challenges;
• engagement with employers and business;
• a student learning environment that integrates academic theory and challenge with work-related experiences;
• active approaches to engaging students in learning;
• and, a deep connection to the world around us.
We are seeking to appoint a number of highly motivated academic staff at Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader and Professor level to join the School of Nursing Midwifery and Social Care. You shall help the School achieve excellence in teaching and research, and make a contribution to shaping and developing healthcare policy and practice.
The School is one of the largest providers of nursing and midwifery education in Scotland and a significant provider in the UK. Uniquely in Scotland, the School offers midwifery and all four fields of practice in nursing: adult, child health, mental health and learning disabilities. The School also offers taught Postgraduate provision in Advanced Practice, including Independent and Supplementary Prescribing, and Health Administration, and other flexible routes to Masters level study and CPD. The number of home and international research postgraduate student is growing year on year, and the School is committed to growing and significantly strengthening its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and its research portfolio over the next five years.
These new appointments will build on key strengths of the School that include:
• Maternal and early years health
• Health and social care for the frail elderly
• Vulnerable adults and children
• Acute, intensive and high dependency care
• Mental healt