The Hull York Medical School wishes to appoint an outstanding clinical academic in Infectious Diseases at Senior Lecturer level. This post holder will be part of the Immunology, Haematology and Infection (IHI) theme of York Biomedical Research Institute (YBRI). This is an interdepartmental research institute created by the University of York and Hull York Medical School. This is a joint post with the Hull & East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust where the clinical component of the role will be based.
Main purpose of the role
- To develop and lead a funded programme of high-quality, independent research in Infectious Diseases.
- To enhance existing links between clinical and basic Infectious Diseases research and develop new avenues for collaboration between Hull and York Universities and our partner hospitals.
- To take responsibility for overseeing, developing and promoting innovative teaching and learning approaches and material, which create interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students.
- To undertake effectively a range of administrative and managerial responsibilities.
- To join a team of Infection Consultants in delivering specialised clinical care.
- MD/Phd in Infectious Diseases.
- MRCP (UK) or an equivalent qualification.
- On the General Medical Council (GMC) Special Register (either CCT, CESR or European Community Rights).
- Teaching qualification.
- Sufficient knowledge in Infection to design and develop innovative research and teaching programmes.
- Salary will be consistent with the Clinical Academic salary scale.