We are seeking to replace external examiners during the next academic year in the cognate areas outlined below. The University of Brighton offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the relevant course and field leaders. The University would normally expect that external examiners attend a minimum of one examination board per year.
Applicants are advised that the University applies the following criteria to external examiners:
- The area of expertise of external examiners would be within the area of examinations undertaken;
- Applicants should have recently been employed (or are still employed) within a university appointment;
- He/she must not have been a University of Brighton examiner within the last five years;
- He/she will ideally have a qualification registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and internal examining experience
An external examiner is required for the Cardiac Care and Stroke Modules (BSc/Graduate Certificate in Acute Clinical Practice – Continuing Professional Education) Level 6 & 7
- 12-lead ECG
- Acute Coronary Syndromes and Management
- Heart Failure
- Physical Assessment of Cardiac and Respiratory Systems
- Cardiac Arrhythmias and Interventions
- Acute Stroke Care
For an informal discussion, please contact:
Chrissie Spiers (Programme Leader): email@example.com Commencement date September 2015 for a period of four years
Please forward your curriculum vitae to Nicky Pont at N.Pont@brighton.ac.uk with the title of the course in the subject line.