Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced lecturers in Adult Health nursing. All appointments are subject to the candidate meeting the University’s criteria for appointment. The appointment will be with effect from March 2016 and tenure will normally be for a period of four years.
There are two intakes per year of 100 students in Berkshire for pre-registration nursing and one intake of 25 students, for the PG Dip. The assessment boards are all held on our Brentford campus. You will be joining a team of two other external examiners for adult nursing.
As an External Examiner you will be expected to:
• Have current registration with the NMC
• Be employed in Higher Education
• Moderating samples of examination/essay scripts and other assessed materials, advising module assessment boards on the content and standard of assessments.
• Attend a minimum of 2 assessment boards a year.
• Attend the annual Field Reviews.
• Undertake an annual visit to practice, to meet with students and mentors.
• Review new modules in preparation for validation events.
• Advise on academic misconduct and appeal cases.
• Submitting an annual report to the University Quality Boards.
If you have not been an external examiner before, a mentor would be appointed for you. You would be part of a team of external examiners for the Pre-registration nursing courses here at the University. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. If you are interested in the above post please send your expressions of interest, together with a full CV, in the first instance to:
Senior Lecturer, Academic Quality Lead
College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
University of West London
0208 209 4118