We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the BSc (Hons) Clinical Practice programme. The BSc (Hons) Clinical Practice programme at the University of Southampton provides a high quality experience for students wishing to gain a first degree.
The BSc (Hons) Clinical Practice programmes aim to:
- Develop the Students knowledge and ability, to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate client-centred care within a focused area of practice and adapt care, when required, to differing environments.
- Enhance the Students ability to make sound decisions and judgements in practice.
- Increase the Students ability to understand the context of contemporary health care and analyse the issues which impact on the delivery of high quality care.
- Discuss delivery of care which is based on sound and appropriate knowledge.
- Develop the Students ability to take responsibility for managing personal learning and professional practice.
- Develop the Students ability to analyse critically contemporary issues in health and social care and their impact on professional practice
- Develop the Students ability to appraise critically local and national policies and practices with regard to practice development.
This post will be effective from 01/09/2015 and will be for a period of three years
Applicants should hold appropriate academic qualifications, have a background in nursing or in related health sciences and preferably have previous experience of acting in the role as an External Examiner.
Examination Boards take place once each term. For further information please contact Mrs Pritpal Binning (Programme Lead) firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Wendy Wigley (Director of Programmes) email@example.com
If you are interested in applying, please forward your Curriculum Vitae and your area of interest/expertise by e-mail to Tracy Barnes firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your teaching, research and External Examining Experience.