The Department of Children’s Nursing is led by Dr Alison Twycross. We currently support just under 1,000 students studying pre-registration children’s nursing programmes, as well as a range of post-registration and postgraduate programmes and currently run the only masters in children’s advanced nursing practice course in the UK. We send our students to a number of hospitals across London including the Evelina London Children’s Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
We wish to appoint a senior academic to support the Head of Department in providing academic leadership in the development of learning, teaching and assessment across the pre-registration children’s nursing programmes.
Requirements for the posts are:
- Doctoral qualification in an area of study that is directly relevant to children’s nursing or equivalent (essential for professorial role; desirable for associate professor role).
- Current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) as a children’s nurse.
- A recognised teaching qualification that is recorded with the NMC
- Significant post-registration clinical experience as a children’s nurse
- Significant experience in Higher Education
- A track record in research or scholarly activity in children’s nursing
To apply for the professorial role you will need to have evidence of:
- A national and international reputation in their area of specialism
- Evidence of successful academic leadership and management
- An extensive list of publications in international peer reviewed health and social care journals, including a high number of lead author publications
- A track record of successful grant applications
- A track record of successful doctoral student completions
Further information about this post is available from:
Dr Alison Twycross
Head of Department
Phone: 020 7815 8419
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 17th April 2016
Interview Date: Wednesday 4th May 2016