Edinburgh Napier University is home to forward-thinking people inspired by the world around them. We create and support personalised learning and research opportunities that develop talent and solutions that really work and matter in today’s and tomorrow’s world.
As one of Scotland’s top universities for graduate employability with 95.2% (HESA 2014), this is our testament of commitment to teaching and research.
The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Care is one of the largest providers of nursing and midwifery education in Scotland and a significant provider in the UK. Uniquely in Scotland, the School offers midwifery and all four fields of practice in nursing: adult, child health, mental health and learning disabilities.
This clinical academic role is a collaborative arrangement between the School and NHS Lothian. The successful candidate will be appointed on a permanent basis by ENU, and for the first 3 years will be seconded 2.5 days a week as a Consultant Midwife to NHS Lothian Maternity Services, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, linking to St John’s Hospital, Livingston. The focus of this position within ENU is to provide academic leadership.
You must have:
• A doctoral level qualification in the relevant discipline.
• Current Nursing and Midwifery Council registration as a midwife.
• Evidence of a professional, clinical academic and research profile alongside a commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development.
• Sufficient breadth and depth of experience in specialism to develop clinical services/practice, high quality teaching, learning and research programmes and have experience of research led teaching and/or training.
• Demonstrable significant academic and clinical leadership.
• Demonstrable evidence of a teaching specialisation.
To see full advert/role profile, and to apply, see University website