The Department of Nursing and Midwifery is seeking to appoint an Associate Head of Department on a full time, permanent basis.
The Associate Head for Quality Assurance and Enhancement will work across the department to contribute to the development of a strategy and develop and implement a plan to address specific issues relevant to the achievement of the department’s key performance indicators. You will oversee the delivery of the plan ensuring alignment with faculty and UWE strategy in related areas.
The nature of the portfolio is likely to change from time to time to address the changing needs of the department and changing priorities as defined by the key performance indicators
You will have:
- A Masters degree
- Registered with the NMC as a Nurse or Midwife (essential)
An enhanced DBS certificate is a requirement for this role.
Other benefits, in addition to salary:
- a generous holiday allowance of 35 days
- in addition you will receive up to 12.5 bank holiday/closure days per year;
- flexible working;
- excellent defined benefit pension schemes with a generous employer contribution;
- option to participate in the cycle to work scheme;
- family friendly policies;
- option to purchase childcare vouchers.
We’re a dynamic and modern university proudly responsible for preparing 27,000 students from 140 countries to take their next steps. With strong global and local connections, we offer an inspiring, diverse work environment where you can develop your skills and experience alongside over 3,000 staff members passionate about higher education.
Bristol itself is a hub of social and cultural activity. A place with a strong, creative and fiercely independent mindset. A city with a buzzing music scene, great restaurants and interesting business ventures. It’s not surprising Bristol is consistently named as one of the best places to live and work in the UK.