We are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the Assessment and Learning in Practice Settings Programme (ALPS). The ALPS Programme at the University of Southampton provides a high quality experience for those qualified practitioners who require teaching and assessment skills in practice (at mentor and practice teacher level). The programme incorporates a number of options, i.e. non-credit-bearing, level 6 and level 7 academic outcomes.
The External Examiner is required to oversee two validated modules which are repeated throughout the year depending on demands. As participants are required to use university online systems, this will include becoming familiar with eLearning and assessment resources and the Assessment of Professional Practice (eAoPP) website.
The programme aims to:
- promote the knowledge, skills and attitudes to equip participants for working with learners in practice
- develop participants awareness and competence in facilitation skills
- develop key, transferable skills that can be applied to a range of learners in different healthcare settings
- develop participants critical and analytical skills in the assessment of competence in professional practice
- provide opportunities for participants to learn with and from other healthcare professionals so that they appreciate the needs of learners within multi-disciplinary teams
- promote life-long learning principles to be applied to self and others.
This post will be effective from 01/04/2015 and will be for a period of three years
Applicants should hold appropriate academic qualifications, and preferably have previous experience of acting in the role as an External Examiner.
Examination Boards take place three times a year for. For further information please contact Amanda Smith A.L.Smith@soton.ac.uk Programme Lead
If you are interested in applying, please forward your Curriculum Vitae and your area of interest/expertise by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org