The Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery and Palliative Care, King’s College London is seeking to appoint an external examiner for Postgraduate taught programmes to cover:
• MRES Clinical Research
• MSc Implementation and Improvement Science
• Modules focusing on advanced research methods.
We would welcome expressions of interest from senior academics committed to developing the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
The Faculty has 200 staff and 3,000 students and offers flexible and innovative programmes and modules that meet the needs of a wide range of healthcare professionals seeking continuing professional development.
King’s College London is a research-led university based in the heart of London; King’s has 29,600 students from some 150 countries, and 8,027 employees. King’s has an outstanding reputation for providing world-class teaching and cutting-edge research.
The Role of External Examiner is to assure the quality of awards with respect to national standards. Key duties include:
• Advising boards of examiners on the content and standard of assessment
• Moderating samples of exam scripts and other assessed materials
• Attending boards of examiners to approve awards and degree classifications
• Advising on academic misconduct and appeal cases
• Submitting an annual report to the College Principal
An annual payment will be made on receipt of the annual report and expenses incurred when visiting the Faculty at our campus in central London will be met in full.
The Faculty requests that the successful candidate take up the post as soon as possible.
To express an interest, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae (including NMC PIN and revalidation date, where applicable) and a covering letter to the email address below