The School of Health & Social Care at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for a range of our Continuing Professional Development courses. These courses form part of our wider CPD provision within the School and feed into a range of our flexible undergraduate and postgraduate pathways. All modules and programmes are multi-disciplinary in nature. We are looking to appoint an examiner to the following programmes and modules;
PG Cert/PG Dip/MA Masters in Professional Practice (Professional Practice for Leadership and Professional Practice only)
• HS957 Reflective Practice
• HS611 Developing Professional Practice
• HS982 Dissertation for MA Professional Practice students
We would like to appoint an External Examiner who can enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the School and who is experienced in delivering health or social care professions’ education or designing health or social care professions’ curricula. Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, anyone with appropriate educational and professional experience would be considered.
The appointment will be for four years from October 2019 and the commitment required is as follows:
• To attend two examination Boards per year – at least one board must be attended in person but additional boards can be attended via Zoom.
• To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report.
• To review coursework throughout the year and provide comments
• Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
For informal inquires please contact Penny Hodgkinson, Programme Lead on email@example.com or 01206 873932
Applications should be accompanied by a C.V. to Miss Jade D’Mello, Deputy School Manager, School of Health & Social Care, University of Essex, Kimmy Eldridge Building, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester CO4 3SQ) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org