The School of Health & Human Sciences at the University of Essex is seeking to appoint an external examiner for a range of our Continuing Professional Development courses. These courses form part of our wider CPD provision within the School and feed into a range of our flexible undergraduate and postgraduate pathways. All modules and programmes are multi-disciplinary in nature. We are looking to appoint an examiner to the following programmes and modules;
PG Cert/PG Dip/MSc Medical and Clinical Education:
- HS950 Learning, Teaching and Assessment (level 7)
- HS951 Learning Organisations and Quality Enhancement (level 7)
- HS952 Course Design (level 7)
- HS954 E-Learning in Medical & Clinical Education (level 7)
- HS957 Reflective Practice
- HS601/ HS605/ HS614 Mentorship Preparation (level 6)
The current External Examiner for these courses completes their period of office in July 2015.
We would like to appoint an External Examiner who can enhance the quality of teaching and learning within the School and who is experienced in delivering health professions’ education or designing health professions’ curricula. Whilst applications from experienced External Examiners are preferred, anyone with appropriate educational and professional experience would be considered.
The appointment will be for four years from September 2015 and the commitment required is as follows:
- To attend two examination Boards per year (Boards are held in April, June and November)
- To submit the annual External Examiner’s Report
- To review coursework throughout the year and provide comments
- Engage with the programme team in the continuous development of the programmes
For informal inquires please contact Chris Green, Programme Lead on email@example.com; telephone 01206 874980.
Applications should be accompanied by a C.V. to Ms Denise Green Senior School Administrator, School of Health & Human Sciences, University of Essex