University of the West of England, Bristol, Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences, is seeking to appoint the following external examiner for an urgent start from March 2017 for Nursing modules within our CPD and undergraduate provision.
The following current modules are expected to be part of the examiners portfolio (mainly delivered at City of Bristol and University College Weston):
- Exploring Intervention Strategies
- Leadership for Health
- Management of Care for Individuals with Long Term Conditions
- Occupational Practice 2
- Research Methods in Community Care
- Extending Practice
- Working Effectively with Long Term Conditions
- An Introduction to Research Methodologies and Methods
- Foundations of Assessment for Assistant Practitioners
- Quality Enhancement in Practice
- Evidencing Work Based Learning
Applications will be accepted from individuals new to the examining role with relevant professional experience.
- Current NMC registration
- Educated to Masters level
- Experience of delivering foundation degrees in own institution
All appointments are subject to meeting the University’s criteria for the appointment of external examiners.
We are unable to accept applications from the following Universities for this post:
Chester, Queen’s University Belfast, Coventry, Wolverhampton
Tenure: 4 years
Field Boards – currently February, June, July, November. We expect External Examiners would be able to attend at least 2 out of 4 boards.
More information about the external examiner role at UWE is available here http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/aboutus/departmentsandservices/professionalservices/academicservices/qualitymanagement/externalexaminerresources.aspx
Please submit a CV and covering letter to Angela.Hudson@uwe.ac.uk by the closing date.
Please contact the field leader Angela Hudson for more information, 0117 3288635, Angela.Hudson@uwe.ac.uk