Staffordshire University School of Health and Social Care is seeking to appoint an External Examiner focusing on areas including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Counselling, and Higher Apprenticeship/Foundation Degree Science Mental Health award, specifically focusing on:
• Foundation Degree/Higher Apprentice Science Mental Health award, together with the modules that make up the award.
• Certificate in Continuous Professional Development in CBT, together with the modules that make up that award.
• Three introductory counselling modules.
The role will include reviewing a range of coursework such as written scripts/portfolios, clinical assessment documentation, attendance to observe viva voce examinations and/or clinical examinations. Making visits at least annually to students engaged in clinical practice placements. Submitting external examiner reports and attending Subject Assessment Boards and Award Boards as required.
Staffordshire University offers extensive support for external examiners and holds workshops annually. Further support is also provided by the course leads and the Head of Department.
Applications are being sought from suitably qualified and experienced academic staff to fulfill this role. Applicants will ideally:
• have a professional background in Mental Health Nursing
• be working at the level of Senior Lecturer (or equivalent) or above
• hold a higher degree at Masters level or above
• be working within a Higher Education Institution
The tenure for this post is for 4 years commencing January 2017
If you would like to be considered for this post, please submit a CV by email to
Sarah Woolley: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application is via full academic CV.