The Faculty of Health Sciences and Sport are seeking to appoint an External Examiner for the BSc in Professional Practice for Healthcare Professionals programme. This exciting programme is designed to meet the needs of nurses, midwives and other health professions who are aiming to ‘top up’ a Diploma or equivalent earlier studies to a degree; update clinical skills or develop expertise in a new area of practice. Modules can be taken as part of the programme or on a standalone basis.
The programme includes a range of modules including:
- Mentorship Preparation
- Assessing and Managing Symptoms in Palliative Care
- Dermatology for Health Professionals
- Gateway to Further Study
- Understanding and Assessing Pain
- Principles of Tissue Viability
- Recognition of Acute Physical Illness in Adults
- Work-based Learning
As an External Examiner you would be required to:
- Monitor the quality of the programme
- Externally moderate assessed work
- Attend Examination Board
- Complete an annual report
- Comment on proposed modifications and the development of new modules
This post will be effective from 1st September 2017 and the term of office would normally be four years.
Applicants should hold appropriate academic and nursing qualification(s), have experience of programme delivery and acting in the role of an External Examiner. All External Examiner appointments are subject to approval by the University’s Academic Council.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a detailed CV to:
Aprill Smith, Assessment Co-ordinator, Faculty of Health Sciences and Sport, University of Stirling, email@example.com.
If you require further information please email Aprill Smith, as above, who will forward your query to the appropriate member of staff.
Closing date for applications: 10th April 2017