This literature review set out to review the recent literature on cultures of innovation and summarise how they are developed, sustained and extended, including the associated barriers and enablers, in a way that is relevant to health HE and which can be used to inform future practice. The review addressed the following questions:
- How is innovation defined and conceptualised?
- How is innovation developed?
- How is innovation evaluated and disseminated? And included in this, what is the impact on the student experience, the staff, the institution and beyond the institution?
- How is a culture of innovation sustained, embedded and extended?
- What are the enablers and barriers to the development of a culture of innovation?